MSI Kombustor is a benchmarking tool which is necessary for every gamer. Benchmark generally means to run a set of programs for assessing relative performance.
This is done by assessing the results of a number of stress tests and trials. Benchmarking provides simple data to comprehend the performance of different subsystems of your PC.
A computer can from time to time bear a tremendous amount of workload. Benchmarking tools mimic a particular type of workload on a component of a computer of its system. This is done to assess the performance of different hardware. And if you are a gamer or an animator, where your computer works tirelessly, you need a bench-marking tool like MSI Kombustor.
What is MSI Kombustor?
MSI Kombustor is one of the best benchmarking tools available today. As the workload of computers has increased, the need for a benchmarking tool has become more acute as well. MSI Kombustor is based on the FurMark software. It is a useful GPU and graphics card stress test for Windows platforms.
The program is aimed at checking the activity of your GPU. It pushes the performance of your graphics card and provides you with data. This lets you know exactly how much to overclock so that you can know its limits. Thus giving you key figures about thermal performance and test stability. Of course, this tool is not used singularly but along with MSI Afterburner.
Features of MSI Kombustor.
If you are thinking about why to choose this benchmarking tool, here are a few reasons to convince you.
- The tool is based on FurMark technology. As we have discussed, FurMark is the most reliable software for Windows Operating System. So basing itself on that can never go wrong for MSI Kombustor.
- It has an Open GL 3.2 rendering path. Open Graphics Library is a cross-language and cross platform API. It renders 2D and 3D vector graphics and this tool is using the latest version.
- Kombustor is best suited when paired with MSI Afterburner. And it links up with Afterburner 1.5.0 + very easily.
- The tool gives you GPU temperature monitoring. This provides the user in understanding how much load the device is taking and whether to push on or relax.
- It provides information on full screen or windowed mode. Another useful feature for a gamer who can keep track of his GPU performance without having to change screens.
- In order to remove jaggies, the MSAA sample selection is provided for users. It comes with four benchmark modes- Normal, Extreme, GPU PhysX and CPU PhysX.
Download and install MSI Kombustor
For downloading MSI Kombustor, you can choose to follow the steps given below.
- The tool can be installed with MSI Afterburner. It is an overclocking tool and when you install Afterburner you automatically get the option to install Kombustor as well.
- For downloading Kombustor separately, you can click here to get the latest version. Your download should begin momentarily.
- Once the download is finished, go ahead and search for the file. Run the setup file and install it. Accept all the terms and conditions before installing the benchmarking tool.
- Restart your device after the installation and your tool is now ready for use. When you open the overclocking tool, you shall discover a K-icon at the top of the screen.
- This is the icon for MSI Kombustor. Click on it to begin the benchmark stress test. Wait while the test is being conducted before learning the results.
It is always better to know the requirements before using any app or tool. So here is the list of System Requirements for MSI Kombustor.
- The tool shall perform easily on Windows 8 and above (32-bit and 64-bit). While Windows 7 could also be used, the performance of the OS can become sluggish.
- You need a graphics card like NVIDIA GeFORCE 6 or AMD RADEON 2000 or higher.
- The RAM of your device must have at least 2GB of memory space. Preferably 4GB or 8 GB.
What is MSI Kombustor?
MSI Kombustor is a benchmarking tool exclusive to MSI. It allows the users to push graphics to the limit and checks the GPU’s stability and thermal performance.
Is MSI Kombustor good?
Kombustor is one of the best benchmarking tools available. It provides comprehensive and complete knowledge about the performance of the GPU for better understanding. The tool comes loaded with numerous features like Open GL 3.2, MSAA sample selection, and reduces the inconvenience of users.
How long does MSI Kombustor take?
Stress testing your GPU is easier than you think. You can begin testing by slowly increasing the core clock speed slider until you begin experiencing graphical issues. Keep the Kombustor running in the background and this step should not take more than 10 minutes.
Is MSI Kombustor safe?
Stress tests put your GPU under a tremendous workload. This can get out of hand if you allow your device to overheat. However, stress testing in a controlled way only lets you know the upper limit of your device. Most importantly caution needs to be heeded.